Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Fun ~ reported by Kt



This Sunday we decided to relive childhood and dye easter eggs.  Thanks to me it turned into a slightly problematic activity.  First, I bought the cheapest easter egg dye.  (I am student so cheap it good!)  Then I spilled the orange dye and then I added vinegar to the pink dye.  Which is the only color that doesn't require vinegar.  Does any one know why pink = no vinegar?  It did result in spotty pink eggs when you dye it. 

Despite all the mistakes I made it getting the dye ready we managed to have fun and make some great looking eggs. The spotty pink made the eggs look like dinosaur eggs.  So one mistakes was reassessed as artistic expression and the orange did just fine when I added more water and vinegar.  I may make a mistake or two but I am pretty good at covering it up!  It was a fun way to spend a sunny summer-like evening 
before Char took off to NM for work.  Yes, the sun finally showed it face in Oregon.  

As we are still in the idoitotic stage of  "spending a week apart seems like forever" phase, I want her back in town!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment