Sunday, April 19, 2009

BEARS in the REDWOODS!


All over the Redwoods were signs about BEARS!!!  I was a little concerned as I am use to camping in Oregon where there are no signs about bears.  In spite of my fears, I thought it would be kind of fun to see a bear (from far away, preferable inside the car). I would like to say we were hiding from the bear in the above pictures but we didn't see a single bear in the Redwoods.  The only thing we hid from was the rain.  We brought Oregon rain to sunny California and just about woke up in the middle of a pond one morning. 

Luckily the night before I suggested we move the tent as the water seemed to be getting closer to my side of the tent.  The next morning as I started to climb out of the tent I was stopped by the small pond in front of me.  I had to use the door on Charlotte's side of the tent to avoid a morning swim. 


Since there were no bears and only rain I was a little disappointed.  I decided to embrace my inner 1st grader teaching self and pretend to be a bear. In 1st grade a pretend bear is better then no bear.  I think I scared Char when I climbed into the 
bottom of the tree and started to growl like a bear.  She did humor me by laughing once I explained what I was pretending to be.   

It was good times in the Redwoods!


No comments:

Post a Comment