Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Charlotte's Point of View

Well, if you ask Katie, she was the one doing all the initiating.  Emailing me first, calling me first, telling me she liked me first.  BUT, I can take credit for initiating the first kiss which resulted in her complete mortification and the subsequent namesake of this blog.  

Yep, we truly did kiss for the first time at Powells while on our first date. I had too! She was just too cute to resist. Unfortunately, at that exact moment, the previously abandoned aisle became crowded with one too many people for such an intimate moment.  

You see, right in the middle of our kiss, a guy walked behind us, and Katie freaked out.  Now, to her credit, she did actually finish kissing me before reaching full freakout mode.  But she most definitely tucked her head into my shoulder and then turned beet red!  For the rest of our time there, she kept her head ducked and tried hard to control her color, as well as her giggles.  Fortunately, our time there was not long enough to lend itself to another such "moment", as we had tickets to see A Christmas Carol at Portland Center Stage that evening.  

So we headed in that direction for the show, which turned out to be absolutely amazing. One of the best performances of A Christmas Carol I had ever seen, despite the fact that I was holding hands with Katie and fighting my racing pulse and spinning head the entire time.  Maybe it was the added intensity that shaped my appreciation of the show.  

At any rate, from that first kiss at Powells I knew I had met someone that would turn my world upside down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment