As the title implies, yep, I get restless in the winter. And this year was a particularly snowy/icy/cold one in Oregon. But that usually doesn't stop me from getting out and exploring the area, especially when I have someone to share my enthusiasm with. Unfortunately for Katie, she didn't quite know what she was getting herself into when she agreed to accompany me on "winter hikes". Our first one was to Wahatchee Falls along the Gorge. We just sort of picked a spot I had not been to before. The trail head said it was about a 3-4 mile round trip hike. Totally do-able in our opinion. The only part they failed to mention is: the icy, snow-covered trail may be treacherous. I will admit, parts were pretty scary, but despite that, Katie stuck it out with me to the end where we were rewarded with an absolutely gorgeous waterfall!
No comments:
Post a Comment