Sunday, April 5, 2009

Katie is feeling Gay Repressed

I am student teaching in a small conservative town or at least that is how I perceive it.  Every week I have to send an email to my university supervisor talking about diversity. . . today I let it all out . . . 

Diversity. . .

This week we had the opportunity to work with a professional artist to learn how to use water colors. The student all made a cow picture. They were very cute but i was surprised that all the cows were brown, black and white. Nobody painted their cow pink or orange or yellow. They were all boring normal cows. (except mine, it was orange and yellow, maybe I'll add pink next time). The point I am randomly making is that I sick and tired of being surrounded be little people and big people that insist that the world only have brown and black and white cows. I want to be around some orange and yellow cows plus the brown, black and white cows. When will the world realize that all cow are good, all cow are happy, all cows NO MATTER THEIR COLOR should be in the classroom!

I think I need to get out of said "small conservative town" or at least let go of my perception of such!

I think I will go and edit my rant. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment