Friday, October 16, 2009

Things Charlotte makes me do. . .

Charlotte has lots of things that she likes to make me do! Most of them I protest doing but then I end up having a good team. Go Figure! Here's a list of the latest and greatest ideas of Charlotte.

#1 Papering Portland

Charlotte is in love with Chris Pureka. This love
is so deep that she hangs up posters for her concerts for free. This last time I got talked into helping hanging up the posters. Then Charlotte talked me into "crashing" Chris's free performance at Lewis and Clark. Feeling like college students but overly aware that we are no long college age! I ended up enjoying the night and Ms. Pureka may just have a new fan!









#2 U-Pick, Char Cook

Charlotte loves picking our fruits and vegetables. She enjoys dragging me all over Portland (and surrounding areas) to help her get our veggies and fruits for the week. I can't complain as I LOVE the veggie meals Char makes, and its fun seeing where your food comes from. Plus spending the day outside in the sun can't help but make you smile.










#3 Reliving our Childhood

Okay so it was my idea to take Char's nephew to Enchanted Forest for his birthday. But it was Char's idea to let him pick the rides to go on. I prefer the baby rides, ones that are not scary. Char and her nephew decided they wanted to ride the log ride, which ends with a steep drop and HUGE splash! It sounded fun until we were about to go over the drop. At that moment I thought. . . Char, What have you talked me into?!?! Once we were safely at the bottom (and soaking wet) I was ready to go again.








#5 Birds, Birds and MORE Birds

Char kept talking about birds, a chimney, and a local elementary school. I tended to block out part of what she was talking about because it sounded kinda of odd. But Char didn't drop it! Finally one of her friends invited her to watch the birds so I tagged along. It was amazing and it was ODD. The birds at dusk all dive bomb the school's chimney to find their bed for the night. It is a well planned event with each bird following the next in their dive.

I guess I should stop rolling my eyes when Char makes her crazy suggestions. I really do like my girl and her ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment