Friday, September 18, 2009

First Friday in Seattle

Since I am working 4 ten-hour shifts during the week, I get Thursdays off. Charlotte and I jokingly referred to Thursday as my first Friday. This week Charlotte decided to work ten-hour shifts and celebrate her first "1st Friday."
The reason for Char's first was that her friends, Kate and Rebecca, from the east coast were visiting family in Seattle. We took off on Wednesday night after work and drove up to Seattle (a long trip after working ten hours). We spent the night at the Mediterranean (small rooms but very nice) so we could have brunch with Charlotte's friends. Char had a great time and I was glad to meet her friends. We spent the rest of the time enjoying Pike's Place and eating really good food. It was a fast trip but good friend, good food and a comfy hotel. . . I would do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fun in the Seattle sun! I was at Pike Place for lunch on Thursday. Maybe our paths crossed and we didn't even know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you working these days? With ten-hour days I'm guessing its not teaching school, are you still doing preschool? Sounds like you had a good first friday together!

    ReplyDelete