Charlotte and I both managed to get an extra day off of work and went CAMPING. We couldn't wait to get away and enjoy the cool mountain air. We (unknowingly) planned our camping trip at the start of the longest heat wave Portland has experienced. I'm glad we were off enjoying the cool mountain air and not stuck in our stifling apartment. (Poor Boo was stuck at home in the heat, to bad cats don't like camping!)
We packed the car up and head down south to Opal Creek. Opal Creek was a small, first come camp site. We lucked out and got the last camping spot. The rest of the weekend we watched at least 10 cars drive around the site looking for a spot. We lucked out!
We spend all Saturday hiking around opal creek. The creek was beautiful but FREEZING. WE tried to jump in but it resulted in us jumping right
back out. It was to cold for me. Charlotte was a little braver a
nd actually tried to stay in the water longer then me.
Still, I can't wait until we can go back. Next time we are going to skip the crowded campsite and backpack up by the creek. We are also going to check out a natural water slide we discovered as we were leaving the area. I lo
ve being back in Oregon and camping with my girl!
Katie, I don't know that I've ever pictured you as the camping type! Maybe its just that I remember you as being the dutiful student getting your homework done in our dorm room. I've been reading William Blake to my kids and it reminds me of our college days at Snow. Remember decorating our dorm room with poetry and pictures? I won't say "remember the good old days" because I certainly don't miss them, but I did have a good time being your roommate. How are you doing? Any plans to visit Utah any time soon? Love, Kels
ReplyDelete