Monday, August 17, 2009

Work, Family, Work and Haircuts

It was a busy weekend. It all started after work on Friday when we headed to my end of the summer (can you believe its the end!) job social. We camped out at Horning's Hideout. It was a crazy time but Charlotte and I had fun. Charlotte even joined in the impromptu band by playing the harmonica. We were the oldest ones there proven by the fact we went to bed 3 hours before everyone else.

Saturday morning we got up, said our goodbyes, and hurried home. A quick shower and we were on our way to WA. Char's niece participates in 4H and was showing her pig at the county fair. We showed up and watched 2 hours of a pig auction!! She did well and auctioned off both of her pigs. After the auction we ate greasy fair food (and paid the price as it made me extremely sick) including an elephant ear, yum my favorite.

The rest of Saturday was spent recouping from all the fun. Sunday morning we were able to sleep in and then headed off to Charlotte's company picnic at Oaks Park.

It was fun meeting all the people Char talks about and we even got to hold the cutest baby! We also went on a few baby fair rides as
that is all I can handle. Char is braver then me and went on the
SCREAMING EAGLE.

After the picnic I got my haircut, yeah! The bangs are back. . . summer is over. I can't stand bangs during the summer, they get to hot and sweaty. The rest of the day was spent getting ready for the upcoming week.


I can't believe I have only one week left of summer camp. Where has summer gone?

1 comment: