Yep. Char and I engaged in some illegal
activities during our California trip and had to spend a couple of hours at this place
Lucky for us it was our idea and we chose to explore the wonder and horror of ALCATRAZ!!!
There was no sentencing involved and we were free to leave when we wanted. All jailbird pictures were just for fun despite the looks on our faces.
Charlotte is looking very sad because
I was a bad girlfriend and acted like I was going to shut the door and lock her in the creepy solitary confinement cell. It made her scream and i laughed just a little, sorry char! :)
We ended up at Alcatraz because I had always wanted to visit and we were in town for Char's friends wedding. So we decided to head over and check it out. We planned on Oregon like weather and we're surprised with the best weather I've ever seen in San Francisco. It was beautiful, sunny and we both got sun burns.
It was interesting learning about the history and lives of the inmates (if you could call them lives) and the employees of Alcatraz. Families actually lived on the island. The children would ride the school "boat" to school each day. It was a blast (for a day in jail) and I would highly suggest going even though the tickets are a bit expensive, it is worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment