Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week One


What a busy and scary first week for such a little baby. Miss Molly you were a trooper this week. We jokingly call you our angel baby after our demon birth. It was hard for your Marmee to be sick and unable to take care of you. Your Mama was scared but you would of never guessed with they way she took care of you and me. We also had the help of your wonderful Grammer, who came and stayed with us at the hospital while I was sick.

Together they took such good care of you (and me) when I was in the ICU. They even made sure that you were able to breast feed when I couldn't hold you. You had two very determined people making sure you were taken care of while your Marmee was sick.

Once I started feeling better it was so nice to be able to hold you in my arm's and feed you. You are amazing at breast feeding. The first thing I noticed when they showed me to you after delivery was your mouth open wide ready to nurse. You latched right on and have been teaching me the ends and out of breast feeding. When I first got better it did take time for you to realize I could do more then offer you the boob but we quickly bonded and it's been love ever since.

The best part was that by your 1 week mark we were able to go HOME!!! We also discovered you had regained you birth weight plus a little extra at our one week midwife visit. Bringing you home was a mix of emotions but we were ready to put the drama of last week behind us and start over as a new little family of 3.

We love our little Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment