Saturday, December 26, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Charlotte and I had an amazing Christmas this year. I was a little under the weather due to a stubborn ear infection BUT we still managed to have a wonderful holiday. We started the morning of Christmas Eve apart, Char went and visited her friends from high school and I slept in. Then we got all dressed up and headed out to see The Nutcracker. I love ballet and Charlotte had never been. I was a bit disappointed, as it wasn't my favorite interpretation, but it was SO fun to be out and see everyone dressed up (or at least as "Portlanders" dress-up) and excited for the holidays.
Next we headed back home and ended up taking a nap (due to my ear infection and Char getting up early to meet her friends). After our nap we spent the evening cooking new recipes and watching Christmas movies. We loved the new Pixar show Prep and Landing, our only complaint was that it should of been a full length movie instead of only a half-hour TV show.

The next morning we woke up and found our stockings and presents. Char helped Santa out with the stockings and I helped out with the presents under the tree. We tried to keep Santa in line by following the four present rule. The four present guidelines are that we each got something we "wanted", something we "needed", something to "read" and something to "wear".

Something to wear. . . cute new pajamas!

Something we needed. . . new socks and underwear (Fred Meyer Sock Sale)!

Something to read. . . puppy book, finance book and kids book!

Something we want. . . Wii!!!!


We followed the guideline pretty well. . . but it is hard not to get excited and go present crazy!
We did decided that stocking need to be stuffed and the four gift rule didn't apply to stockings. :)

We were both very happy with our "want" present. . . a Wii!!! We only had time to design our "Mii" and play one game of bowling before heading out to visit the family. (We brought the camera with us but didn't take a single picture. . . oops!)

We stopped off at my family first. My brothers (Will and Caleb) had gotten Super Mario for Wii for Christmas. My favorite part of the day was playing it with them and Charlotte. I think Caleb is still laughing over the fact that I died so often and screamed at the game in protest and glee. I'm horrible at game systems but try to make the best of it and have fun. Char is now convinced that we need to find and buy Super Mario for our new Wii. We enjoyed visiting my family and seeing my cousin's from NY and their adorable baby. It was fun to hang out with my family. Plus we got a canvas bag filled with stocking stuffers and beautiful new sweaters, thanks Mom!

Next we went and visited Char's dad and her nephew Mikey. We saw first hand the after affects of Christmas and young children!!!! It was fun but crazy and busy. Char's dad finally kicked us out because Mikey was acting up just for us. :) Poor little guy...guess we don't visit enough.

It was an amazing day, I love holidays and spending time with the families!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment