July 13th and 14th was Pride weekend in Portland. Saturday night had lots of cool musical acts including Chris Pureka, Andrea Gibson, Katie Sawicki and Uh Huh Her (Alice from L-word's band....who knew she sang??). So we headed down to the Waterfront on Saturday evening and met up with my sisters Amanda and Tracy along with Tracy's partner, Steph. We had a very nice dinner out in the sunshine on the grass and then enjoyed some good music. It was a bit crowded and crazy when Uh Huh Her came on, and we ended up retreating back to the edges of the crowd. I quickly realized that getting older also meant it was no longer fun to stand packed in like sardines just to hear music! After they were done performing, I stood in line to get a signed CD and to meet the band for a good 20 minutes before I realized that too, was just not nearly as fun as it used to be, and gave up. Katie, as always the saint that she is, indulged my indecisiveness to "stay or go" before finally calling it quits for the night.
The next morning was the day of the Parade which didn't start until 11am. I woke up with the WORST stiff neck EVER. Add that to the fact that we ended up running late, ended up going without breakfast, and we couldn't find a parking spot to save our lives, I was in a super grumpy mode. But despite all my bellyaching, we found a parking spot and a spot just in time to see the Dykes on Bikes ride by ushering in the start of the parade. We met up with Tracy, Steph and the girls to watch it and had alot of fun enjoying the craziness that always makes for a good Pride Parade. The added bonus was that Katie had made us awesome Pride T-shirts that read "I love my girlie" and we totally rocked them! I truly DO love that girlie.
The parade went on for several hours, so we didn't stay long at the festival afterward, but did enjoy a gorgeous day outside in the sun having fun! 
No comments:
Post a Comment