Monday, July 23, 2012

11 months old'"

Goose, you are 11 MONTHS OLD.  You will only be our little gooseling for one more month!  (But we’ll still call you goose even if it is a silly nickname!) I can’t believe my little baby is going to be a toddler.   You are already living up to the new name.  The other day you took a wobbly first step toward your mama.  Now your favorite game is to dive into your mama’s or marmee’s arms.  They only trouble is you lead with your head!  Which means your mamas’ reflexes are defiantly improving with this new trick.  You dive right into our arms, give us a big hug (& sometimes a bite) and then cheer for your self.  I love it!  I’m not sure it is helping to improve your ability to walk.  You have finally decided that we can help you walk.  You use to put your feet up every time we helped you stand up. Now you’ll hold on to our finger and walk for a bit before you drop to the ground and crawl off.   

It’s been interesting watching you think about all your new skills.  I watch you pull up on the ottoman and then slowly lift your arms off finding your balance.  As you stand there your face breaks into the sweetest smile.  You are so proud of what you can do, what you are learning.  You stand up holding on to the furniture and study the distance between you and an object.  Then you will tentatively lean over to see if you can reach your toy. You are so purposeful in what you do.  I admit it surprises me to see you so intent and thoughtful in your actions.  I often comment on how busy you are and YOU ARE BUSY but it is a purposeful busyness.  Sigh, it makes you come across so big. 


We went on vacation this month and you met Marmee’s extended family!  We were all celebrating your great grandma’s 90th birthday!  You loved the daytime fun but hated being away from your crib at night.  Your mamas got very little sleep but we loved seeing the family fall in love with you.  You were quite the little charmer, save all your misbehaving and tears for your mamas at night.   You loved playing with Marmee’s cousin’s children, I think that makes them your 2nd cousins.  They liked to play with you too and you enjoyed having every one's attention.  In fact, you seemed quite disappointed if you were ignored or not the center of attention!

The only downside to vacation is that is messes up your sleep schedule.  We are  finally back into a routine were you only get up once, around 4am. I think we are getting closer and closer to night weaning you, little one.  Marmee can’t wait for you to consistently sleep through the night.  Not to mention you seem happier when you get a good night sleep.  You are still napping sometime one nap, sometimes two naps depending on how early you get up.  You recently discovered the joy of having a lovie (aka stuffed animal) in bed with you.  Currently, you sleep with bunny ( you like to pull of her ears) and Jelly, a little hippo that is attached to a blanket (you like to snuggle with Jelly, he is very soft). 

I just glad you still like to cuddle with me.  Best part of my day is getting you out of your crib and getting one of your sweet cuddle hugs!  




No comments:

Post a Comment