Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberry Season 2011

We spend the weekend picking and making strawberry jam. I was determinded to not miss out on the strawberry season. There were a few concerns about how long I would last but the I managed to keep up. In fact, you can't even see my baby bump in half of the pictures. No worries, the bumps is still there, as you can see once I stood up.

There weren't a lot of berries, drat this cold, cold summer we are having, but we managed to get enough for 2 batches of jam. Except the pregnant lady was in charge of jam prep and I only put pectin in one batch of jam!!! For those of you who don't jam pectin is what make jam jell. It was a silly mistake that result in a batch of liquid jam. Sigh, we will not have enough jam to last till next year and I'm not sure I have it in me to try again. But we do have a ton of super sweet strawberry syrup if anyone is interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment