Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rose Festival 2010

Char and I spent the weekend enjoying the Rose Festival fun. We only check out a little bit of the activities and was surprised at all the fun. On Saturday we went down to the Waterfront and check out the floats from the morning. We enjoyed the floats and saw quite a few things we like to eat on the floats (not just flowers petals). It was a fun day walking around downtown Portland.
The next day we noticed a big crowd at our local park. We walked over and discovered they were having milk carton races as part of the Rose Festival activities. I was thinking they would be made out of the milk cartons I'd used during grade school. I was way off!! These boats were made out of gallon and half gallon milk cartons and jugs and big enough to hold a person! They used the man made pond in the park and raced across. We packed a picnic lunch and joined in the fun. It was a great way to spend Sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment